28 March 2013

Book Review: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

An intriguing tale. They say it takes you back to your childhood, but I can only wish I had a childhood this exciting!

It's a classic, and far removed from my regular genre, so at times I found it hard to push on and read. And I can't say my experience was entirely enjoyable. I think however that that's half the point. Carroll did not intend for us to cruise on, readily determining meaning.

I wish I'd read it as a child. I feel my wild mind of younger days would have embraced the strangeness. but then again, I was always a little frightened of strange, unearthly things (eg: Roald Dahl and his variety of spellbinding creations).



buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment