9 December 2013

Book Review: The Colour of Tea

The Colour of Tea by Hannah Tunnicliffe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It took a little time to get into this book, though I think that is as the author intended. Getting to know the characters and the story is like making a new friend. Beautifully written, Hannah Tunnicliffe has created something wonderful (with only a sort-of happy ending).

I picked up this book because I have a thing about macarons, and was taken by the incredible flavour combinations that begin each chapter. I have an ever-present need to attempt and create them now! I was then taken on a heart-breaking journey to a foreign land along with a character who I can find many similarities with. There will always be something for everyone to "get" about Grace (the main character). You'll travel with her on he emotional rollercoaster (which unlike many 'chick-lit' options, has a very real reason behind it).


I would put this book on the intelligent woman's chick-lit shelf. It is very obviously written for women, and it has an incredible female focus throughout (there are really only 3 male characters of any consequence, included because they have to be rather than the author wanting them there). Its not a challenging read in the way classics are, but it is a beautiful read. Pick it up, and I can guarantee you'll find it hard to put down. I myself had some late nights with this one!


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment