25 April 2013

Book Review: Consider the Lily

Consider the Lily by Elizabeth Buchan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a marvelous tale. A twisting, turning narrative that almost overwhelms. Within its overly dramatic plot, there is the grounding force of the garden; of the house.

As with many books, the author has forced me to be undecided about its characters - do I admire them, love them, despise them? I have decided to just accept them (as you would your slightly off-kilter family) and to remain undecided. Do we really need to make a settled decision about such things.

I admit my attention was diminished during the middle section of the book, but in the end it all came together and you see how it is all necessary. There is a great sense of closure in the ending, and I feel satisfied.


 buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment