- 1 x flat bread (I used a wholemeal lebanese bread)
- 2 tbsp pesto (of any kind, purchased or homemade. I definitely recommend any from Barilla particularly the Pesto Rosso one I used. A-MAZING)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- handful baby spinach leaves, torn up
- 500g pumpkin, cubed (whatever's in season/cheapest)
- goat's cheese (I used a fetta - see the photo below because it's one of the best cheeses I've had in awhile)
Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a pizza tray (or other flat baking tray/sheet) and place base on top. Spread generously with pesto (feel free to use more than 2 tablespoons!), then sprinkle with rosemary and spinach leaves.
Soften the pumpkin a little by placing it in a freezer bag (or one of the ones you put fruit and vege in at the supermarket if your all eco-friendly/saving money by not buying plastic bags), tossing in a little oil and cracked pepper. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Spread cubes evenly over pizza.
Finish by crumbling cheese over the pizza. Bake for 10-15 mins (depending on thickness of your base), until browned on edges and pumpkin beginning to caramelise.
This is a great lunch, or a quick and easy dinner. Plus its healthy! Experiment with toppings, and maybe let me know what you've used. Speaking of which, readers feel free to send me recipe ideas/ photos of your creations. I may even try a few out and pop them up on here! Could inspire a new section of reader contributions. Let me know what you're all thinking.