3 April 2013

Book Review: Tender is the Night

Tender is the Night
Tender Is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Its strange and dark. Its haunting. I'm an F. Scott Fitzgerald fan, and this book proved no exception. He is considered a great writer for a reason.

I found it hard to put this book down, despite really wanting too. Its very confronting and deals with some very intense psychological and relationship issues. One can't help but see (as I feel you can in all Fitzgerald's work) influences from his own turbulent life.

If you are someone who desires to read classic literature, put this on your list somewhere near the top. You feel you have accomplished something after reading this book. You feel you have learn't something, though I cannot tell you quite what that is.

A one word description? Turbulent.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment