27 April 2013

The Weekly Digest #1

I spend a lot of time on the interent (who doesn't!) and I come across all sorts of interesting things - recipes, campaigns, images, websites, articles... Its basically endless, as is this world wide web thing. So I've decided to share a weekly list with you. It will change every week, and will come on Saturdays or Sundays. It will be a list of varying length and topic. Just the stuff that I like, and the stuff that I want to share with you.

This weeks got some great stuff on it so check it out!
  1. Country Road and Woolmark have launched a new campaign this week celebrating wool in all its glory. I'm a massive Australian Wool fan and I hope you all are too (if not, its not scratchy like you think it will be. The scratchy stuff is awful imported cheap stuff. Stick to good Aussie merino). See the video here.
  2. I got my copy of the newest Frankie magazine this week and as always its an absolute delight! There's a fascinating story on emotional eating, an endearing feature on sisters, and a recipe for mulled wine as we head into winter among other things. Check for you nearest stockist here.
  3. Fancy some new furniture  Sick of IKEA (or scared to go to there insanely large storess?). Me too. Which is why I was overjoyed when I discovered Retrojan. These guys are Australian owned, based online and have beautiful retro Scandinavian and industrial style furniture  I've got my heart set on the Isabella desk, the funky Gwyneth Credenza sideboard in green and this nifty little Frederick side table in green.
  4. In efforts to pursue a healthier diet lower in fats (and blah blah blah) I'm embracing meatless Mondays. If you feel like giving it a go, these are some delicious dinners so good you won't even notice their meatless: asparagus and goats cheese risotto,  Moroccan quinoa cakes, vegetable and blue cheese bake, and sweet potato skins.
  5. Its also starting to cool down and breakfast time is getting cosy. I can finally start eating porridge again. A few of my favourites is the Cranachan recipe from Stoats Porridge which I fell in love with when I lived in Edinburgh. Two other more recent favourites include this one topped with brown sugar apples, and this one made with coconut milk. If you aren't to sure about porridge BBC Good Food has a great recipe here.
  6. Via BuzzFeed, I came across these incredible photos of famous peoples workspaces. Some of them are truly amazing. I particularly like Roald Dahl's, Virginia Woolf's, Nigella Lawson's (look at the all the books!), Picasso's and Rudyard Kipling's. See them all here.
  7. The new Vanity Fair has also just hit Australian stores. Its got a beautiful image of Audrey Hepburn on the cover, and what promises to be an intriguing interview with her son. 
  8. The folks over at Broadsheet have created a definitive list of milkshake spots in Sydney (see it here). I can confirm that The Milk Bar by Cafe Ish has incredible shakes. I lived above them when they first opened and have spent a lot of time sampling! I plan on trying out Reuben Hills this week. Cornersmith is on my must-try list too.         

 
The new Vanity Fair and Frankie are both out now in all good newsagents.

No comments:

Post a Comment