25 June 2013

Book Review: Mrs Dalloway

Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolfe
Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this book in a rather fragmented fashion, and I feel that it affected my understanding and appreciation of it. All in all I'd say I didn't enjoy it, but I won't deny that it is beautifully written and deserved of its "classic" status. I think I may read it again sometime in the future.

I found the whole thing a bit confusing, and without chapters it was hard to stop and start. I found myself rereading pages to try and work out what I'd missed first time. I think its just one of those books that needs to be given full attention, and I didn't give it that.

Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself of all this because its a classic, and classics are supposed to be good? Who knows... All that matters really is that I wanted to enjoy, and didn't for whatever reason.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment