13 September 2013

Book Review: The Seamstress

The Seamstress by María Dueñas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Truly captivating! The quote on the cover said I should prepare to be transported, and I was. Across exotic countries and into the world of espionage in World War Two. María Dueñas has a magical touch. I was totally involved in this book; it took me on an incredible journey that I wish had never ended.

It covers an aspect of the War not often written about, something outside of Germany and Britain. Sira (or Arish, as she becomes later) meets some fascinating characters (some of them real - look out for Rosalinda, and google her story). Sira is an awe-inspiring character, and i can't help but wonder what becomes of her (sequel please?). But the character I most adored was Marcus Logan, because who doesn't need a man like him around?

Don't be daunted by its size, you'll wish it was longer.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment