27 October 2013

Book Review: The Behaviour of Moths

The Behaviour Of Moths by Poppy Adams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Strange, odd, confusing - it's all that and more. But that shouldn't put you off. It's also entirely fascinating. The inner workings of an eccentric mind is a revelation.

The family that this novel centres on are a classic old English family - the small town eccentrics with the big house and old money (that they generally run to ruin). Children are scared of these houses; the residents seemingly mad, rumours abound, and no one ever really knows the truth. I still feel like I haven't quite figured out Virginia (whose mind were are privileged to witness). There are a few questions I have left.

Despite all the mystery, I can't say I was surprised by the ending.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment