- 225g plain flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicard soda
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 tbsp butter/margarine, melted
- 115g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp sour cream/natural yoghurt*
- 1/2 cup raspberries (be smart use frozen, fresh cost $$$$$)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded/desiccated coconut
- flaked almonds, to sprinkle
Preheat oven to 190C. Grease or line with patty cases a 2 x 12 hole muffin tins (or for bigger muffins just use one).
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add banana, vanilla, eggs, yoghurt and butter. MIx well. Add raspberries, choc chips and coconut. Mix to combine, and distribute flavourings.
Spoon even amounts into tins. Sprinkle a few flaked almonds over each. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through (test by gently touching in the centre of muffins - if it springs back they're done). Cool in tin 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
These are perfect with a cup of milky tea or coffee as a pick-me-up any time of the day. They're also a great on-the-go snack.