11 April 2013

Book Review: The Tea House on Mulberry Street

The Tea House on Mulberry Street
The Tea House On Mulberry Street by Sharon Owens
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wanted to read this book for a long time, and it just so happened I found it unexpectedly in a secondhand bookstore.

I found it charming and irresistible. It's very easy to get lost in the small world of each character, and even easier to feel for them. I wouldn't call them interesting or exceptional, but their normality is part of their likability. You want to curl up under a blanket with a cup of tea and read away the afternoon (pausing only for chocolate-themed snacks brought on by the delicious food descriptions).

It lived up to my expectations. Its tightly written and filled with delightful descriptions. You will be caught up in the world of the tea house and it's regular customers.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

3 comments:

  1. mh i just wrote a review on this as well, and i don´t know, but mine was a little harsher ;) really interesting to read other opinions though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Love hearing about fellow readers and what they thought - can you link me to the review? H. x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete