12 June 2013

Book Review: The Boy Who Fell to Earth

The Boy Who Fell To Earth by Kathy Lette
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I still cannot decide if this is chick lit or not... I shall call it serious chick lit: light reading for the intelligent women.

I imagine a book like this gets quite a lot of flak for its treatment of autistism, but as i don't have any particular experience aside from listening to my mum who has been a teacher for 30 years, I will respond in the way I think Lette meant us to respond: emotionally.

I was moved by Lucy and Merlin, I felt for them through both struggle and triumph. There were bursts of uncontrollable laughter that drew strange looks from my family, and I'd emerge from this book choked up and unable to fathom the heartless way people often deal with handicapped or disabled children (or simply children in general).

I have one question at the end of this book - could I do as Lucy does?


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment