21 January 2014

Book Review: It

It by Alexa Chung
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

You'll love it or you'll hate it. There is no real in-between. Like your reaction to it, the book is very no nonsense.

Having read Man Repeller by Leandra Medine just prior to this, I can say that Alexa's efforts pale in comparison. I don't think its meant to be wordy though, its more art book than anything else. Stick it on your coffee table and let people think you're stylish, as it's very nice to look at.

I get the sense though that whatever your opinion of the book itself, it very much reflects Miss Chung. I feel it perfectly reflects the author. I imagine her as a slightly eccentric, endearingly scatty type and thats what the book is. I liked it and I'm glad I bought it, even if it took me an afternoon to read.

If you're a fan though, read it - if only to find out how she does her hair (NB. I love her hair).


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment