7 June 2014

Book Review: Aristophanes

Lysistrata and Other Plays by Aristophanes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is so far removed from anything I would ever choose to read I was presently surprised to find myself actually enjoying it.

I read 'The Clouds' as a university set text. It's intelligently funny, which is often hard to find in any modern texts. That said, it was actually rather base humour for the time I believe. I ultimately read the remaining two plays for the fun of it. (Though Clouds appealed to me most)

I have nothing profound to say about any of the plays though to be honest. I just enjoyed them and hope other readers will too. It is hard to review a text that is not meant to be a read text, but rather a viewed one. I think my insights would be more enlightening after seeing them performed.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment