3 October 2013

Book Review: Man Repeller

Man Repeller by Leandra Medine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I found out the Man Repeller was writing a book I was so excited! I love her blog, so why wouldn't I love her book? Of course, the answer to that is obvious in the 5-stars I gave it. So, if you're a fan, you won't be disappointed. Don't worry if you're not a fashion person though. There is fashion in the book, but the book isn't 'fashion-y'. Its all tld so wonderfully, you won't even care what she's writing about! A warning, it is addictive & you won't be able to put it down. I had an impressively quick turn around with this book. Its short, sweet & punchy.

Medine writes wittily, making the everyday seem extraordinary & the extraordinary seem everyday. Its a very female book (see the chapter on period panties & ensuing discussion of 'feminine mishaps'), told from a (very) female perspective. And in no way is this a bad thing. Its really part of Medine's philosophy: for women, and only women, always. We could all learn a lot from the Man Repeller's approach to life, and we'd most likely be much happier for it.



buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment