9 January 2014

Book Review: Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet #2)

Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The second book in Nora Roberts' 'Wedding Quartet' flows on from the first, picking up where it left off with a simple switch in lead characters. Moving away from Mac (who is now happily settled and planning a wedding with Carter) to Emma. If you paid attention in the first you would have picked up on the wisps of romance forming between Emma and Jack, so this storyline will be no surprise.
Not as enjoyable as the first, I did still enjoy it. I feel like I really know the characters now, I feel like I'm a friend in the inner circle. Unlike the love story of Mac & Carter, Emma & Jack's seems less realistic. In real life, if two friends feel the way these two do about each other there would have been a drunken occasion years ago! None of this wholeheartedly obeying 'The Rule' rubbish! It is entirely plausible though that they end up together, plenty of friends have done that. I love the way Roberts draws you in and makes you feel like part of the story. Hence I've lost stupid amounts of sleep staying up late because I just can't put them down!


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment