11 January 2014

Kitchen Cabinet: Storage Tins

Storage tins are the handiest of kitchen things, and they can look good too. I have 2 old biscuit tins, one which fits a batch of any slice perfectly, that sit on my kitchen bench top always. You can usually be sure to find some tasty treat in their as well. Both of mine I picked up incidentally - one from Mum's collection and one came full of Anzac biscuits. There are a few that I'm contemplating spending my hard earned cash on.

Cath Kidston is an obvious place to start. She has a great spotted set out at the moment, and she did a gorgeous floral cake tin set previously that you can easily pick up on Ebay. Emma Bridgewater has the classic black toast set, and I like the farmyard ones though they aren't to everyone's taste.

For those who like a more sleek finish, Nigella Lawson has a beautiful set that come in cream and pale blue but they are hard to track down and thus rather expensive.

Orla Kiely has some great retro printed ones. I like the square/rectangle set myself.

Etsy is the place to go for vintage. I even found these lovely enamel ones that you can have personalised. And this yellow one is great as the base comes off for easy access to your cake. If you don't want preloved try Fishpond. I've never purchased from them before, but they have a great range.

No comments:

Post a Comment